On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, Siju George wrote:

> On 4/12/07, Marco Peereboom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > You need 4.1 for that model.  Might even need -current.
> >

> I installed the Latest Snapshot.
>
> Directory: i386               04/10/07        19:03:00
>
> now runing
>
> # uname -a
> OpenBSD current.openbsd.local 4.1 GENERIC.MP#1260 i386
>
> It Still Doesn't Detects both CPU's in the ".Intel Core Duo T2300 1.67"
>
> http://reviews.cnet.com/Dell_Latitude_D820/4507-3121_7-31792100.html
>
> # cat /var/run/dmesg.boot |grep cpu
> cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5600 @ 1.83GHz ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 1.83
> GHz
> cpu0:
> FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,SSE3,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,CX16,xTPR
> cpu0 at mainbus0: (uniprocessor)
> #

Try enabling acpi: boot -c, then "enable acpi". If that works, you can
make it permanent using config -e -o /bsd /bsd

Don't know about X.

> and the surprising thing
>
> X does not start :-)
>
> feels like going back to "iobsd". at least it has good disk support
> with ReiserFS;-)  [ again not to troll folks who missed iobsd ftp ISO
> downloads, the ISOs will appear soon on the website again, make sure
> you come back and check ;-) ]
>
> It would be great if some one can give me a clue where to Go from here now.
>
> 1) get the latest current sources
> 2) build Kernel and Userland from sources and Install them as said in
>    http://www.openbsd.org/faq/current.html
>
> and pray X comes up right?
>
> now I should be doing
>
> $cd /usr && cvs checkout -P xenocara
>
> right?

Just use the latest snapshot. Check your aperture
(machdep.allowaperture=2) setting and the log file you gave as an
argument. It complains about both in the log.

        -Otto