Hi Joachim

I know that right now I'm mostly going at it in the wrong way but I have to fix it quickly and without changing the infrastructure. I'm not a windows or layer 7 person but rather a layer 1 to layer 4 in my background, so I'm trying to find a solution in those layers. I work in an environment where I'm told: Fix it without spending money ... The webapp development was outsourced thus the developers aren't local. Blunt objects aren't an option :-( The legitimate email structure (subject and content) is pretty limited and steady. Will sendmail + procmail to filter emails be a solutions?
  I will try to implement rate limiting.

TIA
Paolo