Ronnie Garcia wrote:
Chris C. a icrit :
I'm in the need to replace my two 100mbit fxp nic's in my firewall with a 1000mbit one. The hardware is kinda old. (PIII) I'm looking for an inexpensive but not bad (so I think no realtek chips) nic. Have looked at sk and bge, but couldn't find any bge nics at my local vendors. So... which driver to go? sk? em?

Do you expect doing more than 100mbits with this hadware (with PF anabled) ? I'm maxing a P4 2.4Ghz at 40mbits, with a dual em, and a ~300 lines pf.conf
What is your packets/sec when your pushing 40Mbs? Does the traffic flow in one em and out the other or is the dual em in a trunk (i.e. 2Gbs)?

-pachl