> > Throwing in another vote for Dovecot for IMAP.  I'm stuck with
> > Qmail at the
> > moment (works fine), but Postfix is nice.
> >
> > As for webmail, I haven't heard Roundcube mentioned yet.  We use
> > it, and
> > it's at least pretty enough.  Requires a database, unfortunately,
> > but it
> > works with LDAP and our staff like it.
> >
> > http://roundcube.net/
>
> I have looked at Roundcube in the past but just never installed it.
> I am sick and tired of CommuniGate Pro and its ridiculous upgrade
> prices which is why I have been testing different servers. A big
> part of the equation is webmail. One choice is Squirrelmail which
> works well enough but I am really not happy with it. Its performance
> is not so great with large IMAP mailboxes either. I just looked at
> the Roundcube site again and the it looks promising. I'll have to try
> it out.
>
> Bryan

I can just vote for postfix/cyrus, or even better (from a licensing
PoV), sendmail/cyrus.

Speaking of Squirrelmail: Did you enable server-side sorting?

4. General Options

-> 10. Allow server thread sort    : true
   11. Allow server-side sorting   : true

That should speed up things very much ;)

HTH,

timo