Matt Bettinger wrote:
On 4/18/07, Reyk Floeter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 05:34:48PM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I run an openbsd firewall.  I want to block certain sites either by IP
> address or by domain name. How do I get more information on how to set
> this up?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I second Dansguardian with transparent setup.  I am using this at home
to successfully block sites I do not want my children viewing
(myspace, aol, and other crap).

I statically assign the monitored boxes ip  with dhcp which I then
redirect with pf to a dansguardian server (using a dansguardian table
in pf).   Works like a charm for over two years now.

matt

I'll third Dansguardian.  I haven't gone to lengths that Matt has because
my kids haven't let on that they know where the proxy settings in IE are yet.
I'm sure I will have to in the next couple of months though.

Tom

--
Tom Hayko
tjhayko at rogers dot com