> If you hard set one side of an Ethernet link it disables the auto
> negotiation pulse so the other side defaults to 10baseT half duplex. I
> would suggest using media autoselect or media 10baseT unless you can
> configure the port on the switch.

The "switch" is actually a 8-port 10/100 hub/switch, very dumb, without any
configuration option whatsoever. :-)

I tried first to connect the card without any media/mediaopt value and it
started at 10Mb. I tried the card on a Windows box, connected to the same
port of the "switch" and it negotiated at 100full.

I paid attention to the dongle, which looks in pretty good shape; however the
card has been heavily used, so it's possible some contacts are dirty or
oxidized...

Thank you all,
bye,
Manuel