On 19/04/07, Jonathan Gray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 03:55:10PM +0200, viq wrote:
> I wasn't able to find much either way... According to
> http://ralink.rapla.net/ it has RT2501 Turbo chipset, which consists
> of RT2527 RF chip and RT2561S BB/MAC chip (whatever that is). I don't
> care much for the "108 Mbps", but will it work at all, or is it one of
> "not quite supported" cards? Does anyone have any experience either
> way?

This should work fine, quoting ral(4):

"The RT2501 chipset is the second generation of 802.11a/b/g adapters from
Ralink.  It consists of two integrated chips, an RT2561 MAC/BBP and an
RT2527 radio transceiver."

Yes, though that S at the end of RT2561S had me worried... But I got
an off-list confirmation from someone knowledgeable that this should
work.

108 Mbps or SuperG are Atheros marketing taglines, avoid such cards.

Yeah, I don't care much about those, as the other end has a normal
ralink card in there, so I wouldn't be getting any benefit from it
anyway.

Jonathan

Thanks.

--