On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 04:38:36AM -0400, Daniel Ouellet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone have been able to get the redirect console working on the Sun
> 2100 M2 or not? Either the Ethernet management port or the serial port.
>
> The Ethernet port only work when OpenBSD is nor running, as soon as it
> half way loaded, it knockdown the port itself and the console port via
> the serial port doesn't work either.
>
> I tried all variation in BIOS that I could think of with no results.
>
> That's the share sh*t of Sun on these boxes.
>
> Look like I can't do remote install tests on that box.
>
> Am I crazy or it's not possible to get it to work?
>
> Any clue would be extremely welcome as I am loosing the hair I have left.
>
> Or at a minimum, a simple yes or no would even be welcome so that I know.
>
> Thanks
>
> Daniel

nfe needs to do a bit of a dance to see if the PHY has already been initialised,
going by changes made by NVIDIA to the Linux driver.

If you disable nfe in your kernel you should be able to use it as a management
port, just not as a normal system Ethernet port.

The serial problem can perhaps be fixed by tinkering with the bios, but I've
never used one of these machines...

Jonathan