Hi,

I'm trying to run a VNC server (tightvnc-1.2.9) on a amd64 machine running OpenBSD 4.1, without success. I tried 4.0 before, but the same problem occurs.

The server runs fine, and when a client connects, it asks for a password, as usual. But after the password is entered on the client side, server quits with a message:

"Error allocating memory for desktop name, 2139029504 bytes."

A lot of memory, uh? I don't think it's something related to tightvnc specifically, because it just works on OpenBSD 4.1 running on a i386 box. I saw other posts referring to this problem with the same amount of bytes.

Thank you.