Quoting Ted Unangst ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> On 5/10/07, Alex Holst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >I see from the archives that I'm not alone with this problem, but I have
> >found no solution: Trying to get the VGA port on my X40 to deliver
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED] to my Dell E228WFP and failing.
>
> the i810 driver really doesn't like using resolutions that aren't in
> its BIOS.  use 915resolution to add a 1680 1050 mode.

I have actually tried that a few days ago, running 915resolution from
rc.securelevel like pkg/DESCR says with no positive effect.

I didn't know which mode to change, so I even booted my system at
securelevel -1 and manually set every mode to 1680 1050 mode with
absolutely no effect (other than changing those Mode outputs in
Xorg.log).

Just now I changed mode 4d to 1680x1050 and restarted X. My display is
now running [EMAIL PROTECTED] .. showing a massive, unscrollable 1680x1050
desktop.  This message is hence cramped and insanely hard to read while
I type :)

tori$ sudo 915resolution -l | grep 4d
Mode 4d : 1680x1050, 16 bits/pixel
tori$ xwininfo -root | grep geometry
  -geometry 1680x1050+0+0

Any more suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

--
I prefer the dark of the night, after midnight and before four-thirty,
when it's more bare, more hollow.                http://a.mongers.org