Lately, mostly with ruby/RoR stuff I've manually installed some things
such as gems. Later, there were ports/packages for these things. Using
pkg_add then fails because files already exists. I've looked at various
-F options, but none that I've tried work for this situation. To be able
to install the package, I've had to go through the error output of
pkg_add and manually remove any "conflicting" files (ok, I scripted it).

Is there an easier way that I'm overlooking? Would this be worth adding
another keyword for -F to just install the files even if they are there
(same md5, even!)?

Yes, yes, I should be submitting ports instead of just installing
unported stuff. ;-P

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/