Henning Brauer wrote:
> * Dave Harrison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-05-21 08:26]:
>> Henning Brauer wrote:
>>> * Uv Pzaf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-05-20 23:12]:
>>> because ldbm works fine, very much opposed to the other two you mention.
>> My personal experiences with ldbm were equally fine, I recommend you use it
>> unless you are performing frequent writes, or are in need of high performance
>> lookups.  Once I started making regular writes, ldbm started to  pack it in
>> rather frequently (db corruption) so I went to bdb, however bdb takes careful
>> tuning to get right.
>
> now that is funny, in the, what, 5 years? of using openldap/ldbm, i
> have never seen database corruption. trying to use bdb, pretty much
> immediately.

As I said, depends on how you're using it.

After a year, as the usage grew, I found ldbm was corrupting regularly and bdb
solved the problem nicely.  3 years later, bdb is still perfectly fine.

Obviously the other, valid, concern is what the OpenLDAP project intends to
support.

With this kind of thing I think the mantra of YMMV is probably wise.