Ah, yes.  That refers to normal instructions, usually by corporations
that charge you obscene amounts of money to send you gibberish.  But it
is possible to write instructions that people can follow.  And if you get
mgmt to agree, you can require people read your instructions. "Do this,
or your email will stop working.  No, I'm not kidding." :)  It can be
similar to pulling teeth to get them trained well, but then they can
solve problems on their own, freeing you to solve the difficult and
interesting problems, rather than spending all of your time configuring
printers and email clients.

Of course, this all depends on the quality of your documentation...