Thus Austin Hook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spake on Tue, 22 May 2007
15:54:32 -0700 (MST):

> We have a need for a low power OpenBSD device or handheld that can
> connect to a small SCADA device (serial or USB) to collect some
> temperature and voltage data, plus control one light switch, on a
> remote solar powered wifi repeater tower.
>
> Any suggestions on the lowest powered OpenBSD runnable box we can
> expect to find for such a job, one that we can connect to the
> repeater by ethernet, or even wireless?
>
> Austin

Hi,

have a look at

http://pcengines.ch/alix.htm

It's predecessor, WRAP, works still very very well for me as OpenBSD
router (for years now); as alix is the next thing to come, I guess the
superb outdoor enclosures will be 'ported' for it ;)

http://pcengines.ch/case2c1.htm

HTH,

Timo

btw: Mine runs as a way-below 10 Watts SMTP, IMAP, DNS, DHCP server
using a MicroDrive ;)

--
"Hello," he lied.
                -- Don Carpenter quoting a Hollywood agent