Chris Tankersley wrote:
I'm trying to set up a new server running on an old Dell Poweredge 2500 which contains a Dell PERC 3/Di Adaptec-based RAID controller running RAID 5 on three disks. When the install boots up it comes along and says that it does not detect any disks to install to. I dug around in Google and saw some older posts eluding to disabling the aha* and ahc* drivers via the UKC, but that did not help me. Since it is an Adaptec card, I even tried 'enable aac*' but that did not seem to load anything.

I am wondering if this card is actually supported, or if anyone has been able to get it to work easily. I've got conflicting compatibility reports as http://www.openbsd.org/i386.html does not list it, but the INSTALL.i386 file does.

As far as the card and hard drives go, they still seem usable as CentOS 3.4 and Ubuntu 6.0.6.1 will install with no problems, so I'm leaning away from hardware failure.

If I need to I can submit a bug report to bugs@, but the IRC channel directed me here first :)

The PERC 3/Di is an aac(4) controller. As you're probably aware, it is not supported in GENERIC. However, you're welcome to use my aac-enabled releases. Make sure you read the aac.README.

http://colo2.dixongroup.net/releases/unsupported/

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting