Hi there,

My friend has made an application that uses a shared library which is
not yet ported to OpenBSD (xereces-c). We have been trying to run it
on OpenBSD using linux-compat. I know this is all set up properly as I
use opera a lot.

We have a static binary for the correct arch:
$ file a.out
a.out: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, for
GNU/Linux 2.6.9, statically linked, not stripped
$ uname -a
OpenBSD puff.langash.lan 4.1 GENERIC#1435 i386
$ ldd a.out
a.out:
ldd: a.out: not a dynamic executable

It is executable:
$ ls -al | grep a.out
-rwxrwxrwx  1 didi  didi   1176578 May 27 23:48 a.out

So we should be able to run it:
$ ./a.out
ksh: ./a.out: Operation not permitted
$ exec a.out
ksh: a.out: Operation not permitted

So I try as root (I know I shouldnt have to):
# whoami
root
# ./a.out
ksh: ./a.out: Operation not permitted
# exec a.out
ksh: a.out: not found
$ whoami
edd

Notice how it logged my root shell out?!?!

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks

--
Best Regards