On 5/28/07, Don Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/28/07, joshua stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have tpb set to run as a daemon from ~/.xinitrc. The volume mute/down/up
> > buttons work, but none of the Fn buttons do except for the thinklight.
> > On-screen display also does not work. Is this something I can fix with a
> > simple configuration change?
>
> tpb does not work correctly with multiprocessor kernels, i think it
> has something to do with the nvram driver.

Yes, I understand that tpb and tphdisk are separate entities.
Thank you. I was not aware that tpb does not work with MP kernels.
I'll look into this further.

> but that doesn't have anything to do with tphdisk; tphdisk and the
> msdos partition are just for hibernation.  does that not work
> either?

I have not been able to test hibernation because Fn-F12 does not work (per tpb).

I've also created an entry in /etc/fstab for tphdisk:

/dev/sd0i   /mnt   msdos   rw   1   1

Since my initial posting I've also modified the sd0 disklabel so that
the msdos partition is inside the OpenBSD disk boundaries.

Adding the /etc/fstab entry and altering the disk boundaries may be
mistakes on my part, as the brief tphdisk instructions did not specify
to do so.

How does tphdisk know about the msdos partition and the save2dsk.bin file?
Assuming I have a sane tphdisk setup (doubtful), is there a way I can
trigger tphdisk without the use of Fn-F12?

Thank you very much for any advice.