On 5/29/07, Nick Holland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If there is no cursor at the "boot>" prompt, it isn't an OpenBSD
problem.

You were right. But let me start at the beginning.
I wanted to give OpenBSD a whirl as a desktop OS, so I gave it a
partition of its own on my main desktop box, which is primarily
running Kubuntu 7.04, and using GRUB 0.97 that ships with it.
When I created a boot floppy, that just has the GRUB prompt and no
menu, and chainloaded OpenBSD from there, I *had* a cursor.
When I removed /boot/grub/menu.lst on Kubuntu (so GRUB wouldn't show a
menu), and tried it again, once again I *had* a cursor.
My 'workaround' in this case was simply adding OpenBSD as a menu entry
in GRUB. I usually hold off adding an entry until the OS in question
is working, and not having a cursor qualified it as "not working" in
this case.
I can't say whether this is GRUB's fault in general, or Ubuntu's
version of GRUB (which I hear is modified to some extent).

Thank you all for your time.

Greetings, Chris