[...]
by the way. I know where google is. I've been there and have even read some
of the links that are posted in this very thread. However I am confused and
there even seems to be some confusion/discrepancies within this thread... so
I thought I would bounce the question off of people who might have a better
grip on this than I, and already been through similar situations for
feedback, something google cant offer(yet). I am not going to apologize for
my ignorance but thank the people who are actually trying to help me
understand this, without being a smartass about it.

First rule of Fight Club: dont' talk about Fight Club.
Second rule of Fight Club: don't take public mailing lists so
seriously. People will be smartasses. You will get ridiculed for
questions you ask, good or bad. Oftentimes you'll actually deserve it.
Thicken the skin and wear flame-retardant apparel. Smell the roses.
Enjoy the experience; it's not going to change any time soon.

DS