-----Original Message-----
From: Janne Johansson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 1:56 PM
To: David Rogal
Cc: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: OpenBSD and Kerberos Client

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>> Might I suggest you try this from the OBSD box:
>>> /usr/sbin/ktutil -k /etc/kerberosV/krb5.keytab get \ -p
>>> myname/[EMAIL PROTECTED] host/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> Same problem, it just hangs.
>>
>> Please note that kinit / klist work just fine. Kadmin and ktutil both

>> hang. Looks like administrative functions are the problem. Perhaps
>> I've got something misconfigured?

> Perhaps, but I think you will have to take it on the heimdal lists,
> I'm fairly sure it does interoprate with various kinds of krb5
> implementations, not just the MIT one. We make the AD hang of our
> heimdal servers here, so if heimdal can talk to Bill-kerberos,
> it should manage MIT too. ;)

Any chance you could help write up some documentation? Kerberos on
OpenBSD doesn't really have any good docs that I could find. Maybe I
could then retry this effort in the future. For expediency though, I
will have to reinstall with RedHat as it only takes 5 minutes to get it
working as a kerberos client.

Thanks for your help, and to everyone else.

--
David Rogal
Unix Systems Admin

TelecityRedbus UK Limited
10th Floor
6&7 Harbour Exchange Square
London E14 9GE
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 207 005 6018
Fax: +44 207 005 6060
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.telecityredbus.com

Europe's leading independent provider of colocation, data centre, hosting and
connectivity services.

Winner Best Pan European Data Centre Operator Award 2007, Data Centres Europe
Awards.

TelecityRedbus UK Limited. Registered in England 3607764  Registered Office:
Masters House, 107 Hammersmith Road, London W14 0QH UK.

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressees named above and may
be confidential.
If you are not an addressee you must not use any information contained in nor
copy it nor inform any person other than the addressees of its existence or
contents.

please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.