On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 12:58:37PM +0200, Pieter Verberne wrote:
> I wonder how much time it took for the average person to 'master'
> OpenBSD or a similar OS....

30 seconds.  What's taking you so long? :)

----->  Seriously, this is an unanswerable question, since the definition
of "master" is individually derived.  I've been using Unix for decades, and
believe I have mastered some features of Unix and Unix-like systems.  And
some application environments.  But there's *plenty* I know nothing about.
Just ask any developer who's dealt with me, and they'll agree. :)  I

At one time, there was a BSD certification program in development.  I'm not
sure where things stand, but they do have a website:

http://www.bsdcertification.org/