On 6/9/07, Bryan Vyhmeister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Jun 9, 2007, at 9:28 PM, Darren Spruell wrote:

> So, not sure about the connections failing. As for your aliases, check
> hostname.if(5) and you'll see that IPv4 interface aliases typically
> have full /32 subnet masks.

Sorry! I spoke too soon. I find that it works either with the /32 or
the actual netmask. According to hostname.if(5) it is not clear
except that the example given shows /32 as the netmask for aliases.
Are there any problems with using the actual netmask?

Nowadays, I don't know. It used to be back in the days of
/etc/ifaliases that you'd have problems getting the alias in the
routing table correctly unless you gave the alias a full
255.255.255.255 netmask. Nowadays I don't know if it really matters,
but I stick with it because that what all the references say.

e.g.: http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=95202862819912&w=2

DS