On 2007/06/12 09:04, Bob Beck wrote:
>       I still don't see how hosts in spamd-white are not sent to spamd.
> what if a host is in spamd-white, but not in spamd-exempt..

# pfctl -sn -vv|grep -E '(smtp|hoststated)'
@0 rdr-anchor "hoststated/smtp" from <spamd-white:1440> to any
@1 rdr inet proto tcp from ! <spamd-exempt:122> to XXX port = smtp -> 127.0.0.1
port 8025
@2 rdr inet proto tcp from ! <spamd-exempt:122> to YYY port = smtp -> 127.0.0.1
port 8025
@3 rdr-anchor "hoststated/*" all

hosts in spamd-white are handled by the anchor at @0 (see below)
hosts in spamd-exempt fall through this, past @1/@2, and hit the anchor at @3

now I worked out how to display translation rules under anchors
(pfctl -sn -a '*' doesn't recurse through them), so here they are:

# pfctl -sn -vv -a hoststated/smtp|grep smtp
@0 rdr on vlan2204 inet proto tcp from any to XXX port = smtp -> <smtp> port 25
round-robin
@1 rdr on vlan2244 inet proto tcp from any to XXX port = smtp -> <smtp> port 25
round-robin
@2 rdr on vlan2204 inet proto tcp from any to YYY port = smtp -> <smtp> port 25
round-robin
@3 rdr on vlan2244 inet proto tcp from any to YYY port = smtp -> <smtp> port 25
round-robin

..smtp parts of hoststated.conf:

table smtp-lb {
        real port smtp
        check send "" expect "220*SMTP*"
        host XXX
        host YYY
}

service smtp {
        virtual host XXX port smtp interface vlan2244
        virtual host XXX port smtp interface vlan2204
        virtual host YYY port smtp interface vlan2244
        virtual host YYY port smtp interface vlan2204
        table smtp-lb
}