Hi,

Not sure if this is a new problem, or specific to 4.1 on powerpc, or all architecture.

But I setup a few times an old iMac for my sun that really wanted to try OpenBSD desktop setup and so far loved it! (;>

In the process of installing packages on it, I always have the same issue recurring at various places, but always constant however.

I can do pkg_add ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.1/packages/`machine -a`/enlightenment-0.16.7.2p2.tgz or many other packages, like the kdebase-3.5.6.tgz, etc.

All goes well, but some dependency will stop and freeze the download when all is finish and the screen display 100%, or sometime 96% and nothing happen after that.

looking at top, etc. I see that the process of download is really finish and the only ting I do is to kill the ftp process, nothing else and then the pkg_add process continue as normal and all is install properly, etc. This happen on many packages, sometime twice in the same process out or 50 for example.

I never had to do this before and I haven't tested, or have problem on i386 or AMD64 yet. I am not saying there is issue on them, or that there isn't either. I haven't tested that yet as I install a much limited number of packages on my servers and never did I experience this problem yet.

I don't know if that's following many changes to the pkg_add that was done for 4.1 and definitely continue heavy now from source-changes@, but I thought to pass that along and if you need more details, I could provide some. Didn't try current yet as the kid spend a lots of time ready the FAQ to get this going and I had to help out because of the issue on the powerpc install not creating the MSDOS partition properly for the i one. I have to follow step by step the process here:

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ppc&m=117871289207004&w=2

Meaning trick the disklabel to get it going.

Best,

Daniel