> Things to try (in any order you please):
> 1. check IDE cables
> 2. check whether Master/Slave/CS settings are correct
> 3. In case Brian is right, you might want to put CD on the same cable
> as hd0, to slow-down IDE.
> 4. also check where you disks are connected - to IDE bus or to ATA-133
> controller on the board. Sometimes it does make a difference.
> 5. my BIOS was updated to the latest one, as there was some bug about
> large hard disks not working correctly (your ones seem to be 120G, so
> it is unlikely BIOS is a problem here).
> 6. the last step would be to try another harddisk.
>
> Or (just got this idea) you could simply try ftp install. If CD-rom
> reader is bad, boot from CD but install from ftp - this would
> definitely rule out the 'bad cd-rom drive' hypothesis :)

I just tried the ftp install.  Same problem, same
location.

I have tried another hard disk, same approximate
size.  Same problem, same location.

I am going to look for any bios updates online,
if I can find any.  I will also be checking the
cables, master/slave/cs settings, and cd + hd0
on same cable.

As for IDE bus or ATA-133 controller on board,
the cables are connected to the std ide0 and ide1
connectors on the motherboard.  When you say IDE
bus, are you referring to another connector?

JohnM

--
john mendenhall
[EMAIL PROTECTED]