hmm, on Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 01:27:03AM -0400, Nick Guenther said that
> No.
> As far as I know, the OpenBSD FAT driver just does that. It's
> annoying, but the FAT driver doesn't get much love (which shouldn't be
> too surprising).

that is not true anymore, since pedro is on board :)
btw this is not openbsd only.  lots of devices have similar fat
implementations, like my iriver.  long filenames cool, short
always uppercase.

funny thing, if you copy the files to the disk using openbsd,
the lowercase remains.  but rename does no change, i guess it must
be creat(3)-ed using lowercase.

there was some discussion about this some time ago, fat internals
were dragged around in horrible blood :)  but i stopped caring
a long time ago, now that there's a good ext2fs driver for xp...
bye bye fat32

-f
--
to my embarrassment, i was born in bed with a lady!