On 6/24/07, bsd_news <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have not proper sorts in my PostgreSQL 8.1 database on my OpenBSD 4.0
server.

I had set in /etc/profile the LC_COLLATE to pl_PL.ISO8859-2.
I do not know is there possibility to fix this problem - maybe OpenBSD now
support only C and POSIX collation ?

Your guess is correct: OpenBSD only supports the default locale, C.
To quote the source for the strcoll() function:

int
strcoll(const char *s1, const char *s2)
{
       /* LC_COLLATE is unimplemented, hence always "C" */
       return (strcmp(s1, s2));
}

ps. sorry for my poor English

Seemed fine to me: I had no problem understanding what you were doing
and what wasn't working as you expected.  Indeed, you provided better
information than some native speakers posting queries here.

Philip Guenther