Since the Hackathon every time I update to the latest snapshots and run
a pkg_add -iuv I get fatal errors with random package updates.

I usually have to remove by hand (pkg_delete fails) and reinstall the
given package.

The errors I get are along the lines of:

qt3-mt-3.7p5 (deleting): complete
Undefined subroutine
&OpenBSD::PackingElement::FileBase::rename_file_to_temp calledRead
[...]
/usr/sbin/pkg_add: Deinstallation of qt3-mt-3.7p5 failed, partial
installation recorded as partial-qt3-mt-3.7p5.1

And then I get two partial pkgs in /var/db/pkg:

$ cat /var/db/pkg/partial-qt3-mt-3.7p5
partial-qt3-mt-3.7p5.1/  partial-qt3-mt-3.7p5/

When I try to remove those I get:

$ sudo pkg_delete /var/db/pkg/partial-qt3-mt-3.7p5*
partial-qt3-mt-3.7p5.1: complete

Warning: couldn't read packing-list from installed package
partial-qt3-mt-3.7p5
File /var/db/pkg/partial-qt3-mt-3.7p5/+CONTENTS does not exist
/usr/sbin/pkg_delete: Bad package

And I'm left with:
/var/db/pkg/partial-qt3-mt-3.7p5/+DESC

Which I usually have to rm by hand. Also I have the original qt package
still in the list which can't be upgraded and, if attempted, sends me
back to step 1.

This is not package specific. It happened with different packages before
I decided to write about it here.