Nick Guenther wrote:
Is there anyway to make ps format its output to not cut off lines at
the edge of the screen? Is have a long command line I'm trying to
remember and I can't see it all. I tried -o command but it's still too
long.

Perhaps a newbie question, but I suspect it might not actually be possible.

Also, for the record, `ps $PID` works (exactly like `ps -p $PID`) as
you'd guess, but it's not in the man page.

-Nick

I use 'ps aux -w' in my scripts and haven't had a problem

Chris

believed to be clean.