> Ok, rephrase the question (and I don't do laptop):
>
> What computer/processor (any arch, not limited to i386) has the power to
> do typical desktop stuff (browse the web, watch DVDs, edit photos) and
> at the same time has been great to port/develop for?  Anything other
> than the desktop stuff above works just fine on my 486 with OBSD (thanks
> again all).
>
> Other than Intel and AMD, is there a third CPU maker that makes good
> CPUs that work in systems that will then run OBSD?  For example, I note
> that the IBM PowerPC is _not_ listed as a port and I know that there
> must be a reason for this.  If there was such a vendor and a port didn't
> exist, perhaps a discussion on what a port would take would be in order?
>
> Just my 2c, and I already bought my new box for this decade (AMD Athlon
> 64).
>
> Doug.

I am a little shocked there are so many serious issues with the dual core
processors.
Though, I do have a laptop with a duo core, running OBSD without any problems.
What I will say; it is shocking, but for normal usage, most users will never
notice these issues.
What will not mean that I will ask the next time before I buy another
computer....

Jan