2007/6/28, Brian Candler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > i'm encountering a real performance problem since a recent update :
> > - previous snapshots dated around 22 may was working perfectly,
> launching my
> > session (xfce) took around 10-15sec. Launching firefox took around 5secs
> > - updated last week on 20 of june, launching my session takes around 1
> > minute and a half, launching ffx takes >20sec
>
> Just a thought:
>
> - what does 'hostname' show?

it immediately shows my correct hostname with fqnd

- do you have an entry in /etc/hosts which maps this name to your correct
>   IP address?

Yes, and also resolving localhost

I've seen long delays in X startup if the system hostname can't be resolved
> to an IP address (which can be very annoying in dynamic IP environments,
> or
> where DHCP changes the hostname). But this experience is with non-OpenBSD
> boxes; I only use command line on OpenBSD.
>
> Also:
>
> - is your DNS working properly? (e.g. "nslookup www.openbsd.org" gives you
>   a positive answer in a reasonably short period of time, and
>   "nslookup xyz" gives you an NXDOMAIN answer also in a reasonably short
>   period of time)

Immediate answer.. in fact, my network configuration didn't change, so it
can't be this...

Maybe related to http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=118344447716454&w=2,
i'll try to perform disk i/o tests.. but i'm really stuck with this issue.
Performance is really bad. I'll try too with acpi disabled.

Thanks for any hint,

Landry