On 7/13/07, Andris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi, I just got a computer yesterday, which has an ASRock 755i65G*
motherboard, with an Intel 865G* chipset, 512 MB of RAM, and a
ViewSonic E70f+* monitor. I'm using OpenBSD 4.1-stable (i386/GENERIC).

I tried to make it run under 1024x768, 24bpp, a h-sync of 30~70kHz and
a v-sync of 50~160Hz). I can't make X run on it, I've tried i810(4),
whose man page says it supports my integrated video solution (865G).
But the X server crashes after showing the cursor for a sec.

Here is the X log:

From you log, the X server is ok. The problem looks more like a
problem with your .xinitrc or something like that.

Can you tell us how you startx X, and try to capture the command's
stdout and stderr ?

If you're running ksh or bash, this should be something like

startx > startx.log 2>&1

and then look at startx.log for obvious errors, or share it here if
you don't see anything meaningful for you.