On 7/18/07, Devin Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i've been happily testing acpi following -current since six or seven
> months,
> and i've noticed a little regressions :
> - before June, it worked perfectly, halt -p power-offs the machine, i have
> acpi detected in dmesg.
> - after around start of June, halt -p doesn't poweroff the machine
> anymore,
> and i don't have anymore acpi detected in dmesg. But when i config -e /bsd
> and try to enable acpi, it says that acpi is already enabled.
> - i've retried several times, still no luck since June.
>
> may it be a local fuckup ? (Sorry, i don't exactly remember the date when
> it
> stopped working)
> What can i do to debug this ?
>
> I always uncomment (and remove two disable) all acpi lines in GENERIC :
>
> option          ACPIVERBOSE
> option          ACPI_ENABLE
>
> acpi0           at mainbus?
> acpitimer*      at acpi?
> acpihpet*       at acpi?
> acpiac*         at acpi?
> acpibat*        at acpi?
> acpibtn*        at acpi?
> acpicpu*        at acpi?
> acpidock*       at acpi?
> acpiec*         at acpi?
> acpiprt*        at acpi?
> acpitz*         at acpi?
>
> Is there something else to do somewhere ?
>
> Dmesg : http://gruiik.info/stuff/tmp/dmesg
> Acpidump : http://gruiik.info/stuff/tmp/acpidump
>
> (i have to note that it works perfectly on a dell D410)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Landry

This is possibly due to the checkin on May 29th in
sys/arch/i386/i386/acpi_machdep.c.

The commit message says:

Add global variable apm_attached, machine dependant probe routine for ACPI
will check this flag durring probe, meaning that if the machine has APM
ACPI will not attach. This should remove one obstacle on the road to
enabling ACPI by default.

ok marco, dreaadt, art, krw, art

Do you get any error message from halt -p? I can only guess that your
APM implementation is some how broken. Sorry that isn't much help.

Yes, in fact upon halt -p, i get error messages like : 'apm :
unrecognized device ID (9)'
I'll try to disable apm in config -e, hope it'll work.
Thanks a lot for orienting me on this way, i didn't even think of it.

Landry