When starting symux (installed from packages), I run out of semaphores (see output below). I searched the archives, and found a post from Marco Pfatschbacher that included a patch to symon that reduced SYMUX_SHARESLOTS from 20 to 3. I'm curious as why am I running out of semaphores--don't I have slots for 60 semaphores?
20 symux (guess)
4 ipcs (see below)
---
24 24 < kern.seminfo.semmns, which is 60. If it matters, this is a GENERIC 4.1 kernel, rebuilt with profiling on. Please CC me, as I'm not subscribed. Thanks, m

# symux -d
symux version 2.75
program id=30174
debug: size of churnbuffer = 902
debug: shm from 0x8395a000 to 0x83af1430
fatal: could not get a semaphore
# ipcs
Message Queues:
T ID KEY MODE OWNER GROUP
Shared Memory:
T       ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP
m 65536 5432001 --rw------- _postgresql _postgresql
Semaphores:
T       ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP
s   327680          0 --rw-------      www      www
s    65537    5432001 --rw------- _postgresql _postgresql
s    65538    5432002 --rw------- _postgresql _postgresql
s 65539 5432003 --rw------- _postgresql _postgresql