Will Maier wrote:
On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 06:35:51PM -0500, Todd Pytel wrote:
I don't spend as much time following OpenBSD as I used to, so
perhaps I'm missing something. But there used to be a
ports-security mailing list used for announcing updated ports.
That list doesn't exist any more, or at least doesn't appear to
have had anything posted to it in a very long time.

It exists, but is inactive.

Is there some other official way to track changes to ports?

By looking at the output of `cvs up`? By watching commits via
[EMAIL PROTECTED] I do both, and find it sufficient.

Absent that, has anyone come up with a simple hack to feed to cron
to accomplish the same thing?

I pull updated ports and src daily via cron, and read
(ports|source)-changes@ for commit messages, etc. Does that not
achieve what you need?

This is not yet finished but already working:
http://www.markus-hennecke.de/downloads/list_updated_ports.pl

Just feed the script a cvs logfile from a ports update and it will print each port that has a changed Makefile and a changed version number.
I am keeping track of current ports with this script.

There are still some things missing like reading more than one cvs log in one pass and some command line switches.

Greetings
  Markus