Hi Claudio,

On Fri, 03.08.2007 at 20:57:43 +0200, Claudio Jeker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is more or less expected. iBGP session only transmit eBGP pathes that
> are valid and best for the router. So on r2 you have all the iBGP routes
> from r1 and r2 has no reason to send something back to r1 because his
> routes are not better than the ones from r1.

thanks for the explanation, but I'm still confused because r1 held a
full table from r2 before the flap (and for days), and was only
starting to drop them after the session to p1 went up again. Shouldn't
it then have only a few routes from r2 in the beginning?

I thought that the oder in which sessions go up (or down) would
(should) not matter...

Best,
--Toni++