Le 7 ao{t 07 ` 05:23, Frank Bax a icrit :

At 06:26 PM 8/6/07, Matthieu Herrb wrote:

On 8/6/07, Frank Bax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just got a new Lenovo 8744-J2U laptop and installed the Aug.1
snapshot:

> 1) When I shutdown X, text resolution is messed up.  Chars are
bigger, they
> are 40 per line, with wrap.  All Ctrl-Alt-Fn sessions are
affected.  If I
> issue a command like 'date', then hit enter several time, I find
that the
> command and its output are finally visible.

Since you're using the vesa driver, it means that the VESA BIOS on
your laptop is broken.
Check for updates on Lenovo's web site.

> 2) ATI adapter is not recognized. Changing depth to 24 works;
but I can't
> seem to change resolution - always comes up 1280x1024; but this
is a 15.4
> widescreen display; which i believe should run at 1680x1050.

Again, broken bios. Lenovo should provide a bios with resolutions
matching the physical size of the screen.
Try using i915resolution from ports. It has been reported to work
with
other BIOSes too.

Thanks for the prompt response.  I updated BIOS from 1.08 to 1.11;
one line changed in dmesg.

$ diff dmesg_0803.txt dmesg_0806.txt
8c8
< bios0 at mainbus0: AT/286+ BIOS, date 04/30/07, BIOS32 rev. 0 @
0xfd6b0, SMBIOS rev. 2.4 @ 0xe0010 (68 entries)
---
> bios0 at mainbus0: AT/286+ BIOS, date 07/13/07, BIOS32 rev. 0 @
0xfd6b0, SMBIOS rev. 2.4 @ 0xe0010 (68 entries)

Still no change on initial problems though.

I tried 915resolution, but I'm thinking it's not compatible:

$ sudo /usr/local/sbin/915resolution -l
Intel 800/900 Series VBIOS Hack : version 0.5.2

Unable to open the BIOS file: Operation not permitted

IIRC it must be run in secure level -1.

From the description of the port :
Because 915resolution requires write access to /dev/mem, the system
must be
at a securelevel <= 0.

Pierre Riteau

> vga1 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 vendor "ATI", unknown product
0x71d4 rev 0x00

Oh and I forgot: this is a Mobility FireGL V5250, which is indeed not
supported by the current X.Org ati driver. It should be supported by
the new 'avivo'  driver, but this driver is not yet available for
OpenBSD.

Is there someplace where I can monitor OpenBSD status of this?