On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 06:09:16AM -0700, pixotec wrote:
> but I want it for all users:
> 1. could change all .profile-files of all users: no thanx ;-( (and
> change /etc/skel/.profile for future new users)

This would work.

> 2. change /etc/login.conf ???

This would also work (see login.conf(5)).

> 3. create /etc/profile, change all existing .profile of users (to
> source /etc/profile) and change /etc/skel/.profile

As would this.

> 4. change /etc/ksh.kshrc and create .kshrc sourcing /etc/ksh.kshrc
> for all users (and in /etc/skel...)

And this.

> IS THERE A EASY WAY (change only on central file for all users) TO
> SET THEM?

Well, choose whichever of the above is easiest for you. Based on
your criteria, it seems that modifying login.conf would require the
fewest keystrokes. I prefer to provide a global/site profile or
shell init script and allow users to source it if they'd like, but
that fits my site's policies well; depending on what you do and
where you work, loginf.conf(5) may be more appropriate.

--

| web:.......http://www.lfod.us/ | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |