Hi there,

I had machine with Linux in the first PATA disk (wd0)
and OpenBSD v4.1 in the second PATA disk (wd1).
OpenBSD was booted from Grub menu (hd1,3).

I added 3rd harddisk to my machine by connecting
it into Promise SATA378 controller. The Linux boots
normally and the new disk is visible as /dev/sd0.

The OpenBSD kernel boots but re-enumerates disks
differently showing lines like (I skipped some):

"
dkcsum: wd0 matches BIOS drive 0x82
dkcsum: wd1 matches BIOS drive 0x80
dkcsum: wd2 matches BIOS drive 0x81

Can't open /dev/rwd1a: Device not configured
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:
"

How should I proceed? Should I remove the SATA disk => manually
change wd1s to wd2s in my /etc/fstab => put SATA back => reboot.
Or can I fix enumeration from the proposed Shell -prompt only.

-pekka-