* Joachim Schipper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-08-13 12:25]:
> > connection multiplexing can be useful for this sort of thing.
> Yes, it would be, but I never got it to work reliably (Subversion likes
> to close connections before opening the next one, etc). Did you? If so,
> could you share the script/... you used?

not using subversion, but in a script that scps a lot fo files
individually (possibly thousands), I use the following, which even
works with older ssh without connection mux support:

        T=`mktemp -u /tmp/.csock-whatever-XXXXXXXXXX`
        sshcm="-oControlPath=$T -oControlMaster=auto"
        ssh -N -f $sshcm $DST 2>/dev/null
        ssh $sshcm -O check $DST 2>/dev/null
        if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then   # might be older ssh
                sshcm="";
        fi

        for file in ...
                scp $sshcm ...
                [error handling snipped]
        done

        ssh $sshcm -O exit $DST 2>/dev/null

--
Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de