[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  My question is really around unreferenced state data that has been
>  pushed out to swap and isn't being demand paged back in. Is there
>  functionality in the swap strategy to migrate such pages to a lower
>  priority device so that you can bias performance of pages referenced
>  more often against the higher priority swap device?

No, there is not.  If there was, swap-off could be made to work.  On the
other hand, if it's never referenced...  why would you care where and on
what type of swap it happens to be?  It would likely be better off on the
slow swap so as to leave the fast stuff available to more active pages, no?

--
 [100~Plax]sb16i0A2172656B63616820636420726568746F6E61207473754A[dZ1!=b]salax