On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 03:38:47PM +0200, Eric Elena wrote:
> Le samedi 25 aoC;t 2007 C  22:41 +0200, Joachim Schipper a C)crit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just got a laptop (Acer Aspire 5100 `series') with a Radeon video card
> > (X1300) and a WXGA screen - 1200x800. It was a good deal, but the ATI
> > video card had me worried.
> >
> > Am I correct in thinking that there is no way to get X to display
> > 1200x800, other than:
> > (--) VESA(0): Virtual size is 1024x768 (pitch 1024)
>
> Have you tried to add "Virtual 1200 800" in the subsection display
> (section screen)?

No; I just tried to play with it, and:

- without Option "ShadowFB" "no" the screen is garbled (the bottommost
  part is not initialized, i.e. displays whatever was displayed there
  last, and the rest of the screen is repeated in four `bands' - and you
  can scroll the screen as noted below)
- with Option "ShadowFB" "no" the screen displays correctly, but sadly
  at 1024x800 (or possibly 1024x768). Moving the mouse cursor to the
  edge scrolls the screen, which, I suppose, is the proper behaviour. Of
  course, the display is rather slow without ShadowFB, but that's not
  really a problem.

Note that the shadow buffer works fine for any of the `supported' (if
wrong) modes like 1024x800.

A new log file, with your virtual line and the shadow buffer disabled,
is available at
http://jschipper.dynalias.net/~joachim/posts/20070825/Xorg.0.log.

Thank you for your help!

                Joachim

--
TFMotD: dhclient.conf (5) - DHCP client configuration file