On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 04:37:09 -0500
Gilles Chehade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 11:19:40AM -0400, Dave Anderson wrote:

> > >Because it would violate his parole? Who cares anyway?
> > >If you can't do the time don't do the crime.
> >
> > We should all care, because there's actually an important question
> > buried in this: to what extent is it acceptable for 'the
> > government' to demand that someone make substantial or expensive
> > changes in their life merely for its convenience?
> >

> It is acceptable to the extent that the guy did something illegal, is
> being punished for it and should consider himself happy that he is
> allowed to use a computer still.

It's not about the guy, it's about the fact that Microsoft makes
money out of his punishment.
The fact that the government supports Microsoft is contrary to the
"free market" philosophy that the US government preaches.

Jona

--
"I am chaos. I am the substance from which your artists and scientists
build rhythms. I am the spirit with which your children and clowns