On 8/29/07, Jussi Peltola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 09:17:11PM +0200, Joachim Schipper wrote:
> > P.S. One more issue: you *do* realize that getting OpenBSD to
> > authenticate against LDAP is not entirely trivial, right? This might be
> > a serious problem if the LDAP system is to handle network-wide logins...
> This doesn't stop you from using OpenBSD as the server other machines
> authenticate against, or does it? I think it's only good that users
> can't login to the LDAP server itself.

No, he's just pointing out that if you're using this to provide
centralized authentication for all the servers in your environment as
well, OpenBSD won't take advantage of it well.

> I'm only checking to be sure, since I'll need to set up a new LDAP server
> for the unofficial *nix users group we have at school, and since we have
> nobody except a bunch of busy and lazy students to administer the boxes
> OpenBSD would be a painless choice...

LDAP is a fantastic choice. OpenBSD can do what you need.

Why in the world are you even tossing HP-UX around for this purpose? ;)

DS