On 8/29/07, Sam Fourman Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can anyone confirm they even have this card working? even with a
> different Provider?
>
> Sam Fourman Jr.
>
> On 8/29/07, Sam Fourman Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > hello misc@
> >
> > I am having real trouble getting my alltel based passport card to work
> > correctly
> > what is happening it Dials up and associated just fine, I can ping, I
> > can even start a ftp but as soon as I transfer any data, the
> > connection appears to hang.
> > ppp does not drop the connection.
> >
> > I am in a 1xEVDO network my alltel SID is 396 I am using PRL 40023
> >
> > This device is working in Windows XP with the alltel software, using a
> > identical x41 tabletPC
> >
> > I have 2 of these wireless modems and I swap them out neither works
> >
> > I am using OpenBSD -current a fresh install with the following ppp.conf
> > **** Start ppp.conf ***
> > # Dial Alltel
> > default:
> >
> >  set device /dev/cuaU0
> >  set speed 230400
> >  set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 30 \"\" \
> >  AT OK \
> >  ATZ0 OK \
> >  ATQ0 OK \
> >  ATV1 OK \
> >  ATE1 OK \
> >  AT&V OK \
> >  \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 70 CONNECT"
> >  set login
> >  set phone "#777"
> >  set authname <my # here>@alltel.com
> >  set authkey
> >  set timeout 0
> >  set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
> >  add! default HISADDR
> >  enable dns
> >
> > *** END ppp.conf ****
> >
> > here is a dmesg
> >
> > http://ralink.lesmilde.com/x41/x41-tablet.txt
> >
> > also I did try to disable vjcomp in ppp.conf it did not appear to
> > change anything.
> >

> > Thank you for any help
> >
> > Sam Fourman Jr.

Just for records sake, I did get this card to work in PC-BSD 1.4 Beta
This link did the trick (PC-BSD 1.4 is based on FreeBSD 6.2 Stable)
http://www.semicomplete.com/blog/geekery/Kyocera-KPC650-EVDO-in-FreeBSD.html

I would also like to note that EVDO did work in Alltel market 396
I was able to achieve 119 kb's in a 1xEVDO market my ping times to
Google were 200ms

note that I used the same ppp.conf file in FreeBSD as I did on OpenBSD
so I doubt my trouble is in the ppp.conf file

Does anyone know if maybe it could be something weird like tcp window size?

Sam Fourman Jr.