> anybody got an ifstated.conf they're willing to share for having
> redundancy on their pppoe connection? example: your firewall that does
> the pppoe goes down and you want another machine to restart the pppoe
> session and route your network.

I dont have the configuration with me right now (and it is probably gone
since the site using it does not have adsl anymore) however the most
fun configuration I did was something like that:

two adsl links, two OpenBSD firewalls, using carp for failover.
each firewall had connections to _both_ adsl modems, so that
they can balance outgoing stuff.

The load balancing was done using multipath routing (route -multi).
The carp was used on the inner interface.

So if carp was master, I would bring UP both pppoe interfaces
if one of the pppoe connections went down, I would adjust
routing to route over the remaining session etc.

In order to make failover work smoothly, I matched the MAC
addresses on the corresponding outer interfaces of each
firewall so that they can see the same pppoe sessions,
and built the kernel with PPPOE_TERM_UNKNOWN_SESSIONS

Can

But, in practice, there is.