You can disable the broadcom TOE removing the key on the motherboard.

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/pe2950/en/hom/html/jumpers
.htm#wp1054670

Ciao.
Andrea

Renaud Allard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
05/09/2007 09.45

misc@openbsd.org
cc

Subject
bnx tcp offload

Hello,

I just have two Dell servers having broadcom netXtreme NICs with tcp
offload
engine activated (and locked on on) in the bios.
I tried to use these servers to do an smtp gateway with spamd. When I
activated
spamd, connecting to port 25 worked but nothing more. After scanning with
tcpdump, I saw that all packets passing through pf going to spamd and
exiting
had bad tcp checksum. The machine at the other end receiving these bad tcp
checksum of course dropped them. For the moment, I solved the issue by
using
Intel em NICs.
Packets passing not passing through pf had also about 50% packets with bad
checksum too.

Is there a software way to force the bnx driver to _not_ use the TCP
offload
engine without recompiling the driver?

Thanks

--
010100100110010101101110011000010111010101100100
010000010110110001101100011000010111001001100100

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature
which had a name of smime.p7s]

NOTA DI RISERVATEZZA
Questo messaggio e  i suoi allegati sono  destinati esclusivamente
alle persone in indirizzo e puo' contenere informazioni riservate.
Se  avete ricevuto  il  messaggio  per errore,  Vi  informiamo che
qualsiasi  utilizzo dei contenuti della presente e'  assolutamente
vietato.  Vi  invitiamo  a  rispedire  immediatamente  la mail  al
mittente e  a distruggere il messaggio. Per  qualsiasi dubbio,  Vi
invitiamo a contattarci rispondendo a  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      Grazie    www.sirti.it

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This  message  and its  attachments are  addressed  solely  to  the
persons above and may contain confidential information. If you have
received the message  in error,  be informed that any  use  of  the
content hereof is prohibited.  Please return it  immediately to the
sender  and delete the  message. Should  you  have  any  questions,
please contact us by replying to  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      Thank you    www.sirti.it