On Thursday 06 September 2007 14:16, T. Ribbrock wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 01:52:20PM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > "ATI Rage (vgafb), includes the PGX and PGX24 on-board frame buffers"
> >
> > Does that include PGX32 cards (X3668A-370-3753)?
>
> AFAIR, the PGX32 (aka Raptor GFX 8P) is made by Tech-Source and not ATI
> based, hence, I'd be surprised if the ATI driver supports it. Some time
> back, I ran into the same under Linux/Sparc and the PGX32 was definitely
> not supported by ATI drivers.
>
> Cheerio,
>
> Thomas

I couldn't get one of those Raptor cards working either. I have taken it out
of the Ultra5 it was in, and am using the built in PGX24 on the motherboard.
That works fine. However, I did have to do something complex and numinous  at
the OBP prompt in order to tell the BIOS to send the video signal to that
output rather than to the PCI Raptor. I made a note, but have thrown it out,
but at least I can give you a heads up on the issue if you find you don't get
any video output from the PGX 24.

Good luck
Fergus

--