On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 11:15:15PM -0600, Theo de Raadt wrote:

> Decreasing CD sales means the margins have to be adjusted.  More of
> you are relying on our FTP services, and also donating less.

When I started using OpenBSD I was middle-aged and largely
computer illiterate (I have never had a computer that runs
Windows, and probably I will never learn how to use a word
processor or a spreadsheet).  I can't swear to it,  but I
don't think I have asked for technical help on misc@; the
man pages and the FAQ helped to resolve every difficulty I
can recall having encountered.  (Caveat:  Perhaps I have
modest needs; also, I have a little patience and I like to
read.)

The price of the CD sets is a fair bit of money for me.
Most often I am unable to use them because the CD drives
seem to have been among the first things to die in the
sparc64 machines that get thrown out (or sold on eBay for
~$100) and land on my bedroom floor.  So I rely (almost)
exclusively on the FTP services.  But I have purchased
every release since I've started using OpenBSD, and every
time I think it is a bargain.  I expect that I will never
be in a financial position to compensate you fairly.

Thank you.

-b