Adrian Fisher wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> Does OpenBSD support virtualisation where multiple computers operate as one
> single virtual system rather than just one system running as multiple
> virtual systems?  I am thinking of buying a series of blade systems which I
> want to run as one single system to offer redundancy for increased
> reliability.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to which would be the most
> suitable ones to choose?  I know Sun advertise Solaris as being capable of
> this but don't yet know about xBSD.  I rather like Sun Microsystems kit but
> have yet to decide which I will go for.  It will be used for a high volume
> network so will need something with a high bandwidth capacity.

I think this is more or less the goal of DragonflyBSD or plan9.
You can also have a look at MOSIX on google. However, you should not expect to
be able to run all applications with this kind of model.

As someone mentioned, OpenBSD is extremely good at load balancing applications
with the bundle of pf/carp/hostated/ifstated.

It all depends on what you plan to run on this cluster.